Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Targets for 2011

Hi there, today I will be posting my targets for 2011 as well as the problems I faced
1) What went well last year?
There was a smooth learning of Poetry and Short Story analysis although there were a few problems in understanding and memorizing different important parts of the short story. Poetry was also quite easy except for the part whereby I had to analyse the poem and answer the questions. Remembering and applying the poetic devices was generally easy. The best that went well was the end of year examinations. I achieved good results and reached my target of A2. Most of this was thanks to the comprehension and poetry. I did not fare quite well in the composition though.
        2) What went wrong?
In 2010, while learning Language arts, there were quite a number of problems I faced. Most of the problems were solved by consulting the teacher or a friend. Animal farm was difficult, whereby we had to memorise different important parts of the story and then analyse it. We had to annotate on the book and observe important details. We also had to pay attention to some minute details which I found it hard to memorise. Some of these minute details were also including the animals’ or humans’ clothing. The place at which an event took place was also analysed. The hardest part of memorizing all this minute details was the part which we had to understand the representations of the characters and things in animal farm, and find out what it actually represented in reality. 
 
      3) What is my target MSG for 2011?
In 2011, like everybody, I would hope to achieve better grades than in 2011. In 2010, I achieved an A2 for my end of year grade for Language Arts, so the only grade to improve to is A1! However, I do not hope to do worse than in 2010. An A2 for my end of year grade would be fine if I do not meet A1 since the work in Secondary 2 is obviously harder than in Secondary 1. So these are my finalized targets
    A.   Term 1: A2 (Since it is harder with the introduction of To Kill A MockingBird)
    B.    Term 2: A1
    C.    Term 3: A2 (Since we have The Merchant of Venice, a harder to analyse Shakespeare play)
    D.      End of Year Grade: A2 (Around the 73% mark, hopefully I can achieve higher)
    E.       As for ACE, I hope to score at least 80% of the marks I have to score for ACE.
      4) How do I intend to achieve this?
          Obviously, the way to improve is to do more research and pay more attention during class times. Constant revision helps and mugging also works at times.

Okay, that's all for now. Will be posting more soon! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment